Reclaiming What Has Been Lost
Ancestral Lineage Healing Workshop & Ritual In Sandpoint, Idaho
Note: I’m offering this workshop twice, on January 22-23 and on February 11-12. Both workshops include an evening session (6:30-8pm) followed by a full day of ritual (10am-4pm).
WHAT: an evening + day-long workshop/ritual to initiate the healing of one of your ancestral lines.
WHY & HOW: each of us has loving and wise ancestors, and by reaching out for their support we access tremendous vitality for personal and family healing. In addition to supporting healing and repairs with living family, our ancestors encourage healthy self-esteem and help us to clarify our destiny, relationships, and work in the world.
Through this workshop/ritual, you will learn to relate safely and directly with family ancestors, both helpful guides and the dead in need of assistance. The work will closely follow Dr. Daniel Foor’s book, Ancestral Medicine: Rituals for Personal and Family Healing.
Expect to engage lineage ancestors in heart-centered ritual through prayer/song, deep listening or visioning practices, and group dialogue. There are no prerequisites, however, prior experience with inner work and relating with spirit guides/teachers are both helpful.
WHEN: I’m offering this workshop-ritual on two different weekends:
January 22-23, 2022 (6:30-8pm Saturday; 10am-4pm Sunday)
February 11-12, 2022 (6:30-8pm Friday; 10am-4pm Saturday)
*10 participants max/weekend*
WHERE: A Therapeutic Community Space
WHO: You are welcome if you are new to ancestor work or an experienced ritualist. Adoptees and those with a challenging experience of family are also warmly welcome. This workshop/ritual will be held within a non-dogmatic, trauma-aware ritual container that embraces the relationship of ancestral engagement with cultural healing and decolonization work.
Option 1: $50 deposit + Pay What You Can/Want
Option 2: $125 in full or three monthly payments of $42 (more info below)
How To Register (2 steps):
STEP 1: Choose your method of payment: $125 upfront, three payments of $42, or $50 deposit + PWYC at the end of the workshop/ritual.
- Pay-what-you-can: This is how I invite you to pay. This means you will make a $50 deposit to confirm your spot. This is refundable up until two weeks before the event. After that, it is not. Then, at the end of the weekend, you can pay whatever feels right on top of that. Whatever you offer is perfect. There’s no minimum. There’s no maximum. Truly. If the $50 deposit is too much, email me at email@example.com and we can work something out.
- Pay for the workshop/ritual upfront ($125): I offer this option because pay-what-you-can is deeply unsettling to some people. If this is you and you’d rather have the money all settled before we start, I invite you to pay $125 upfront.
- Payment plan for $125: Again, if pay-what-you-can feels uncomfortable to you but $125 is a bit much all at once, another option is to make three monthly payments of $42.
***To be very clear: if you choose PWYC, you are not expected to pay anywhere close to $125. This is a legitimate PWYC offering. I want this work to be accessible and sustainable for you.***
STEP 2: enter your name and email into the form for the weekend you intend to attend. That’s it! Thank you!
Here is a more thorough outline for those of you who appreciate more details. 🙂
The first evening:
A foundation in embodiment, personal energy management, and boundaries sets the groundwork from which to engage in lineage healing work.
We will practice:
- Gently becoming present in our environments and in our bodies.
- Skills that will enhance our natural intuitive abilities.
- Practices to help us return to calm if we become overwhelmed, anxious, or scared at any point during the work.
- Noticing how are bodies feel when we are safe (whether in ritual or daily life) and how a felt sense of safety naturally enhances our intuitive abilities.
- Steps to take (when needed) to restore personal safety.
Further, we will focus specifically on why boundaries are necessary when working with the ancestors including distinguishing between concrete and energetic forms of boundaries.
On the next day we will…
Talk about who the ancestors are and why it can be beneficial to engage in ancestral healing.
From there, we will drop in an embodied visioning space and assess the health and vitality of each of our primary ancestral lines.
We will note the level of impact each line is having on our lives and the lives of our families (children in particular), learn to discern and clear our personal space of any non-beneficial ancestral energies and establish and reinforce boundaries as needed with regards to any heavy or disruptive energies coming from the not-yet-fully well ones of our lineages.
Then we will…
- Choose a lineage of focus for healing.
- Make contact with older ancestral guides and receive blessings for our lives.
- Initiate a healing prayer for the not-yet-well generations to become free from the burdens (the pain/trauma) that flow to you via your lineage.
- Begin to know/see your gifts and strengths within the context of your lineage.
- Receive homework that will deepen and support the healing that is happening.
Additionally, we’ll talk in more depth about how to ‘drop in’ from a place of embodied safety, the various ways deep listening can occur (no two people ‘hear’ or ‘see’ in exactly the same way) and how to trust what you are sensing.
We will conclude the day speaking about how to anchor this relationship in your daily life.
Topics may include:
- Creating an ancestral altar (following the guidance of your Ancestors) + talk about why this can be beneficial.
- Making offerings + types of possible offerings.
- Learning to relate with the healthy ancestors from a respectful/humble yet empowered stance.
- Crafting a consistent, sustainable, spirit-guided spiritual practice.
As our ancestors heal, we heal. As the pain and stuck spirits in our lineages transform, there is the opportunity for the pain and stuck patterns in our lives to transform as well.
This is truly a life-changing path filled with so much beauty and so many gifts. I’m thrilled to be walking this path with you! <3
About the facilitator, Larisa Noonan
Larisa Noonan (La-REE-sa she/her) has specialized for nearly two decades in trauma healing, embodiment skills, and supporting healthy boundaries. She is a certified practitioner in ancestral lineage healing and weaves ritual and nature reconnection into all of her offerings.
Larisa is especially passionate about ancestral healing and supporting those in recovery from a black-white, us-them (fundamentalist) view of the world. She lives with her husband and son in beautiful Sandpoint, ID, the traditional lands of the Q’lispe (Kalispel) tribe; her ancestors hail from from France, the Netherlands via Ukraine, Germany, and Switzerland.
ps. The print featured on this page was created by Keiko Lee-Hem and is used with permission and gratitude.