Reclaiming The Christian Powers
Reconciling Ancestral Christianity and Fundamentalist Patterning – A 3-Day Online Immersion
with Larisa Noonan and Maris Bergrune
When it comes to engaging Christian ancestors, the witchy among us can get snagged. Maybe even the mention of God or Jesus makes you reflexively cringe, eye-roll, or tune out entirely. Many of us have had to actively reject Christianity to free ourselves from the oppressive aspects of church doctrine and its enmeshment with patriarchal constructs.
But it is possible to find beauty, inspiration, and even magic in the threads of our ancestry that are Christian. And it is possible to have meaningful and uplifting personal relationships with the compassionate Christian powers independent of Church doctrine.
Maris and Larisa have blended their skill sets to create this three-day immersion designed to hold ritual space for the healing of ancestral Christian fundamentalism and our relationships with the Christian powers. Participants will be meeting the compassionate Christian powers Mother Mary, Mary Magdalene and Jesus as beings independent from Church narrative, and engaging layers of ancestral lineage healing with their assistance.
This course is for you if you:
- Have fundamentalist Christian ancestors
- Struggle with self criticism, judgmentalism, and doubt
- Notice patterns of superiority, judgmentalism, and dogmatism including black/white, good/evil, right/wrong thinking, within your family and yourself
- Have difficulty trusting your intuitions and the messages you receive from spirit
- Are curious about how the compassionate powers of Christianity can be a positive, beneficial force in your life and become allies for both personal and ancestral healing
- Want to reclaim spiritual authority from patriarchal church constructs
- Are interested in tuning into the resonance of mystical Christianity
The gathering/workshop was very well crafted, well paced, and the container so beautiful and safe. The sister energy between Maris and Larisa was so precious, and felt like it just lined the container with rose petals and sparklies. The work was powerful, and I'm so very grateful that this space to heal fundamentalism exists in the world. So needed!
It had not occurred to me to call in the Christian powers as affinity spirits and psychopomps during ancestral repair work before this gathering.
Their help has been profound for my own healing and that of my clients, especially around the many ways the Church has caused troubles on the lines, as well as female lines struggling with stepping into their power. What a revelation!
Our vision is for you to:
- Experience the Christian powers in their compassionate and helpful aspects, without the distortions of church constructs and generations of fundamentalist ideology
- Bringing the healing powers of the Christian allies to your lineages and life in a supported ritual setting
- Have insight into the distinctions between the representations of these allies through the constructs of the church vs. their actual essences
- Have opportunities to unravel/transform the threads of fundamentalism in your lineages at a deeper level
- Weave in the blessings of mystical Christianity that is at the root of these fundamentalist threads
- Experience deeper self-compassion and the expansion of the gifts of flexibility, personal spiritual authority, intuition, and greater connection with the animate world
- Reinforce your ability to hold space for increased nuance and complexity within your relationship with self and other.
Note: this photo is of the offering Maris and I created during the original Reclaiming The Christian Powers intensive in 2021.
Day 1 — Preparing the Path and Greeting the Christian Powers
On Day 1 we will resource deeply with our well ancestral guides to gain a deeper understanding of how Christian fundamentalism has impacted us and our lineages. Additionally, we will explore broader themes of relationship to Christianity, the Christian Powers, and spiritual self-authority.
We will engage in a boundaried and well resourced greeting of Compassionate Mother Mary with the intention of getting to know who she is independent of church doctrine. At the end of Day 1 we will engage with the Well Ancestors and Mother Mary on the theme of spiritual self-authority with the intention of bringing insight and healing to ourselves and our lineages.
Days 2 & 3 — Invoking Healing
We will follow a similar progression in the engagement of Compassionate Jesus on the theme of judgmentalism and intolerance in the name of love, and Compassionate Mary Magdalene on the theme of inherent self-value.
At the end of Day 3 we will close with an integration process that weaves in elements of spiritual belonging.
NOTE: While we will provide this framework for engagement, every session will be mediated through the wisdom of the Well Ancestors as they determine, in collaboration with you, what is needed most for your personal healing and your lineages.
Reclaiming The Christian Powers
- What: a 3-day immersion designed to hold ritual space for the healing of ancestral Christian fundamentalism and our relationships with the Christian powers.
- When: coming again! Join the newsletter (in the footer) to be notified. 🙂
- The Investment:
- Pre-requisite: 1) one or more lineages complete via Daniel Foor’s Ancestral Lineage Healing method and (2) Verification from your ancestral guides that this course would be beneficial for you and the lineage healing process at this time.*
- Number of participants:
To register, click “I’m in!”. You will be taken to a separate registration page on Maris’ website where you can fill out a registration form and submit your payment.
Clicking ‘I’m in!’ will take you to a registration and payment form on Maris’ website. Once we’ve received your payment, you will receive a a confirmation email from us – generally within a matter of moments.
*If you meet the second requirement but not the first, e-mail Larisa and Maris with a description of where you are at in the process.
About Larisa and Maris
Larisa Noonan grew up afraid of burning in Hell. Now she spends her days working with witchy healers who grew up, as she did, in fundamentalist Christian homes. She has specialized for nearly two decades in trauma healing, embodiment skills, and supporting healthy boundaries and is passionate about ancestral healing and supporting those in recovery from religious fundamentalism. Larisa lives with her husband and son in beautiful Sandpoint, ID, traditional lands of the Q’lispe (Kalispel). Her ancestors are from France, the Netherlands via Ukraine, Germany, and Switzerland. She no longer fears burning in Hell. For more info: www.larisanoonan.com.For more info see: www.larisanoonan.com
Maris Bergrune, MS, M.Ac.O.M. (Grants Pass, OR) is a practitioner of seiðr, oracular medium, and singer-musician. She helps people become deeply well with their ancestors and access Northern European wisdom traditions and transformational ritual. She specializes in templates of Old Norse animist practices in order to build community and bring healing to the modern world. Maris has been engaged in healing ritual and spirit-work for over fifteen years, and teaches consent-based spirit practices that maintain sovereignty, healthy boundaries, and personal integrity. Her ancestors are primarily from Germany, Switzerland, Holland, England, Wales, and Poland. For more info see: livingvoicemedicine.com.
Praise for this immersion:
- The length of the retreat was perfect. And, there were enough breaks, of varying lengths, that allowed - even encouraged - me to take care of myself;
- I loved the encouragement to continually work with our energetic boundaries - this is something I continue to need to remember, and this was very helpful;
- Beginning each section with Sacred Song was wonderful - grounding, elevating, joyous, connective;
- The interplay of being given info re: each of the Christian Powers, then having “drop-in” time, and then having time to process in break out groups was powerful and very helpful.
- The two of you were an excellent team - you had overlapping skills and interests, but also had areas of experience that were unique. These all blended to make for a very dynamic and authentic teaching/learning experience.
- Having the “drop in’s” follow a similar pattern of energetic preparation and engagement gave grounded cadence to the practices - which helped reinforce a nurturing familiarity with it all.
- I LOVED the closing ritual - I often pray for extended periods of time, but have never done it in a group...it was so powerful. Thank you for this.
- The size of the class was perfect - enough to give diversity, but small enough to be intimate. And each participant was so thoughtful, reflective and kind. I really enjoyed meeting them all.
I'm so glad I decided to take this weekend intensive. Maris and Larisa, I enjoyed your camaraderie and delight in each other's presence. Thank you so much!
The container created by Maris and Larisa was safe and emotionally supportive for diving into this vulnerable healing work. Each participant had space to be heard and explore what came up.
I really felt safe and held by the group. The resourcing drop ins each day anchored by the singing was particularly necessary to sustain three days of ceremony.
I really enjoyed meeting each powerful compassionate christian ally and we've been still working together.
I learned I don't have as much baggage probably from not growing up in the church as did all of my close relatives. I have always been haunted by the violation of my people by priests yet this hurt I can see reframed as disconnection, longing for spirit, giving away their power to the church. This cycle of abuse stops with me. I feel the need to reclaim my sovereignty and power in my own body.
This healing transmission has been profound and continues. Ps. Next time can we be together in person?!