Prerequisites: (1) Two or more lineages complete via Daniel Foor’s Ancestral Lineage Healing method. (2) Verification from your ancestral guides that this course would be beneficial for you and the lineage healing process at this time. If you meet the second requirement but not the first, contact me with a description of where you are at in the process.
Reclaiming the Christian Powers
Healing Ancestral Fundamentalism
with Larisa Noonan and Maris Bergrune
When it comes to engaging Christian ancestors, the witchy among us can get snagged. Maybe even the mention of God or Jesus makes you reflexively cringe, eye-roll, or tune out entirely. Many of us have had to actively reject Christianity to free ourselves from the oppressive aspects of church doctrine and its enmeshment with patriarchal constructs.
But it is possible to find beauty, inspiration, and even magic in the threads of our ancestry that are Christian. And it is possible to have meaningful and uplifting personal relationships with the compassionate Christian powers independent of Church doctrine.
Maris and Larisa have blended their skill sets to create this five-class series designed to hold ritual space for the healing of ancestral Christian fundamentalism and our relationships with the Christian powers. Participants will be meeting the compassionate Christian powers Mother Mary, Mary Magdalene and Jesus as beings independent from Church narrative, and engaging layers of ancestral lineage healing with their assistance.
This course is for you if you:
- Have fundamentalist Christian ancestors
- Struggle with self criticism, judgmentalism, and doubt
- Notice patterns of superiority, judgmentalism, and dogmatism including black/white, good/evil, right/wrong thinking, within your family and yourself
- Have difficulty trusting your intuitions and the messages you receive from spirit
- Are curious about how the compassionate powers of Christianity can be a positive, beneficial force in your life and become allies for both personal and ancestral healing
- Want to reclaim spiritual authority from patriarchal church constructs
- Are interested in tuning into the resonance of mystical Christianity
Our vision is for you to:
- Experience the Christian powers in their compassionate and helpful aspects, without the distortions of church constructs and generations of fundamentalist ideology
- Bringing the healing powers of the Christian allies to your lineages and life in a supported ritual setting
- Have insight into the distinctions between the representations of these allies through the constructs of the church vs. their actual essences
- Have opportunities to unravel/transform the threads of fundamentalism in your lineages at a deeper level
- Weave in the blessings of mystical Christianity that is at the root of these fundamentalist threads
- Experience deeper self-compassion and the expansion of the gifts of flexibility, personal spiritual authority, intuition, and greater connection with the animate world
- Reinforce your ability to hold space for increased nuance and complexity within your relationship with self and others
Week 1 — Preparing the Path and Greeting the Christian Powers
In week one, you will resource deeply with your known ancestral guides and well ones and gain a deeper understanding via your guides of how Christian fundamentalism has impacted your lineages. Additionally, you will become more aware of what arises in you in relation to both the Christian powers and fundamentalism. Finally, you will engage in an initial (highly titrated and well resourced) greeting of the Christian powers: Mother Mary, Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene.
Weeks 2-4 — Invoking Healing
Week 2-4 will proceed in a similar manner, each consisting of a circle invoking the most compassionate and benevolent aspects of one of the Christian powers for your direct engagement. Next, you will have the opportunity to experience a deeper layer of healing for your lineages with the assistance of the Christian power we are invoking that week.
Week 2: Reclaiming Feminine Oracular Power and Sovereignty (Spiritual Authority) with Mother Mary
Week 3: Judgement and Forgiveness; Control and Surrender (Sacrifice) with Jesus Christ
Week 4: The Path of Sacred Partnership and the Dissolution of the Binary with Mary Magdalene
Note: these themes may shift depending on what is being activated specifically in the group.
Week 5: Harmonization and Integration
In our final week together, you will engage a process that will allow the Christian powers to more fully harmonize within your lineages and within your body and life (if you so desire). We will conclude this series through inquiring into the gifts of the mystical Christian path and how these blessings can be more fully rooted (again, if desired) into your lived experience.
Reclaiming the Christian Powers
- What: a five-class series designed to hold ritual space for the healing of ancestral Christian fundamentalism and our relationships with the Christian powers.
- When: five Mondays from 10:00am-12:30pm Pacific, November 9 – December 14, 2020 (no class on November 23rd)
- Where: virtual via zoom – online or by phone in the comfort of your home (the classes will be recorded and you will receive the recording in the event you are unable to attend live)
- The Investment: $375*
- Pre-requisite: Two or more lineages complete via Daniel Foor’s Ancestral Lineage Healing method (see top of page for more).
- Number of participants: 12
*as this is the first time we are offering this course, the $375 registration fee reflects that. Future iterations will be priced higher.
Registration deadline: November 2, 2020 (payments non-refundable after this date).
To register, click “I’m in!”. You will be taken to a separate registration page where you will be asked to fill out a registration form and submit your payment.Once we’ve received your payment, you will receive a a confirmation email with a zoom link to for all of the classes – generally within a matter of moments.
About Larisa and Maris
Larisa Noonan has specialized for nearly two decades in trauma healing, embodiment skills, and supporting healthy boundaries. She is a certified practitioner in ancestral lineage healing and weaves ritual and nature reconnection into all of her offerings. She is passionate about facilitating recovery from religious fundamentalism, tending grief, and supporting those with chronic pain/illness. Larisa lives with her husband and son in Oregon on the ancestral homelands of the Kalapuyan peoples. Her ancestors are from France, the Netherlands via Ukraine, Germany, and Switzerland. She grounds her work/life in earth-honoring ritual, embodying ancestral gifts, and reclaiming animist values. For more info see: www.larisanoonan.com
Maris Bergrune, MS, M.Ac.O.M. (Grants Pass, OR) is a practitioner of seiðr, oracular medium, and singer-musician. She helps people become deeply well with their ancestors and access Northern European wisdom traditions and transformational ritual. She specializes in templates of Old Norse animist practices in order to build community and bring healing to the modern world. Maris has been engaged in healing ritual and spirit-work for over fifteen years, and teaches consent-based spirit practices that maintain sovereignty, healthy boundaries, and personal integrity. Her ancestors are primarily from Germany, Switzerland, Holland, England, Wales, and Poland. For more info see: livingvoicemedicine.com.