Embodiment, Boundaries, & The Ancestors
Registration for this course will open in September. Sign up for my newsletter to receive notice when it does!
Time and again my clients tell me they struggle with setting boundaries, perhaps with even knowing what they actually want or need in any given situation. As we work together, this changes. They begin to know what they need, what they want, what nourishes them. And, they become more and more adept at asking for what they want/need and setting appropriate boundaries (kindly, firmly) when needed.
Here’s the secret: setting effective boundaries is dependent upon us being in our bodies, upon embodiment.
When we are not in our bodies, we are unable to:
- feel/know what we want or need (or what we don’t want or need);
- to set effective boundaries;
- to know when our boundaries are being crossed.
This isn’t a failing on your (or my) part. We are not broken.
Rather, this inability to set effective boundaries is a normal/natural side effect of unresolved trauma.
Whether this unresolved trauma originates in our lifetime or is flowing to us from our ancestors makes no difference. Unresolved trauma interferes with our ability to be in our bodies and with our ability to set effective boundaries.
Here’s another secret:
The root of many boundary issues is ancestral interference.
What I see time and again with my clients is that as they learn to set appropriate boundaries with the unwell dead, their ability to inhabit their bodies and to also set boundaries (kindly, firmly, fiercely when required) with the living increases exponentially – and swiftly! With ease even! It seems miraculous.
In short, it’s not enough to tell someone they need to be in their bodies, have better boundaries, or that they need to learn to say ‘no’. It’s not that straightforward. And yet, with the correct tools and an ancestor-centered perspective, both embodiment and effective boundaries can be attained with surprising ease.
This class is for you if you:
- often feel ungrounded, disconnected from your body and the earth
- spend much of the day in your head thinking, analyzing, worrying, replaying conversations…
- struggle with saying no or speaking up (or knowing) for what you want or need
- feel guilty when you do speak up or feel grief/regret/frustration for NOT speaking up
- find yourself easily overwhelmed and caught up in the drama/emotions of others
- have difficulty staying connected to your own body and inner knowing especially when around people with strong opinions or energy
- keep hearing the terms ’embodiment’ and/or ‘boundaries’ but lack a clear sense of how to be embodied or have boundaries
- feel a sense of ongoing oppression, heaviness, confusion, fogginess that hasn’t completely cleared despite other approaches to embodiment, boundaries or healing in general
My vision for you is for you to have:
- a tangible, body level experience of how it feels to have healthy boundaries (for you)
- skills and tools to begin to shift patterns of disembodiment and/or lack of healthy boundaries flowing to you from your lineage
- a deep sense of clarity and inner knowing with regards to what is right for you
- a solid foundation in embodiment and boundaries prior to beginning ancestral lineage healing work (or a place to gain these skills if you’ve already began this work and could use more support).
*This is a stand-alone course that offers foundational embodiment, boundary, and ancestral relating skills applicable to anyone wanting to strengthen these ‘muscles’. Doing or wanting to do ancestral healing work is not required to take this course.
Step 1: Embodiment
Note: while I have separated out this course into three steps (to give you a sense of what we will be covering), in reality all three steps will interweave over the course of the two weeks.
In this step, you will learn:
- skills to enhance embodiment in a safe, effective, gradual way that allows old trauma to resolved;
- to recognize how YOUR body and nervous system responds when unresolved trauma is activated;
- what your baseline is and how to notice when it changes (and what to do if/when you become activated into fight, flight, or freeze);
- over time, how to more fully inhabit your body and live from a settled baseline/relaxed body
- how the magic and medicine of Owl and of the Well Ancestors titrate overwhelming experiences/sensations/emotions and support a return to wholeness.
Step 2: Boundaries
In step 2, we will explore how:
- it feels to have boundaries and to be/feel safe
- being surrounded by loving, supportive friends increases safety and ease when setting and maintaining boundaries
- it feels when anything that is too much for your nervous system (even too much goodness) approaches your physical, emotional, or energetic space;
- to know if your boundaries have been crossed
We will also explore:
- what to do if your boundaries have been crossed (4 steps)
- how to skillfully meet and lean into any guilt (or grief) that may arise
- the positive feedback loop that exists between embodiment and boundaries
Step 3: The Ancestors
In step three you will:
- become aware of whether or not you are experiencing interference from unwell ancestral spirits
- call in the support of your well ancestors (they exist and are willing to help, I promise) to assist with setting boundaries with the unwell ones
- meet a ancestral guide who will mentor you in dropping into and inhabiting your body and in the specific magics and protective ways of your lineage with regards to boundaries
- with the support of your well ones, learn to discern when feeling a challenging feeling will lead to healing (for you; for your lineage) vs when clearing work and boundaries are needed.
This live-online course includes:
- Three live 75-min experiential classes via Zoom
- daily brief (less than 15 minute) audio or video teachings and/or guided practices (7 total)*
- daily email summaries of the video/audio material and embodied practice reminders*
- downloadable recordings of the live calls and all the supplemental videos/audios
- unlimited email support throughout the two weeks
- online private forum (location to be determined) to share experiences, ask questions and receive support from myself and other participants
- supplemental articles, podcasts, and other resources (all optional)
* exception: days of the live calls and weekends
When: October 28th – November 8th, 2019 with the live classes taking place on:
- Monday, October 28th, from 10:30am-11:45am Pacific
- Monday, November 4th, from 10:30am-11:45am Pacific
- Friday, November 8th, from 10:30am-11:45am Pacific
What: a foundational intensive weaving together embodiment, boundaries, and the ancestors to bring increased ease, clarity, wholeness, and magic into your life.
Where: virtual via zoom – online or by phone in the comfort of your home (the classes will be recorded)
The Investment: $135 in full or two payments of $70
To register, fill out the form below. When you click ‘register and pay’ you will be taken to paypal to complete the payment process.
Registration will open in September! Sign up for my newsletter to receive notice when it does!
Once I’ve received your payment, you will receive a welcome email including a welcome audio and your first embodied practice from me in your inbox – generally within a matter of moments. 🙂
About me (Larisa):
I’m an ancestral healing guide specializing in embodiment, boundaries, and trauma-resolution work.
Even though I work mostly online, my work is truly body-centered meaning I’m not just here to help those I work with have mental or emotional healing insights. I’m here to help my clients and course participants truly integrate and embody healing on a physical/nervous system level.
My nearly two decades of body-centered trauma resolution work informs this passion/obsession of mine. I commonly hear from my clients that it wasn’t until working with me (often despite years of other healing-counseling-embodiment work) that they actually knew what it means and how it feels to be in their bodies.
I will be guiding this course from my home in Salem, Oregon, the ancestral lands of the Kalapuyan peoples.
“This idea of consciously creating boundaries has been one of the most useful things I’ve worked on. It’s been profoundly helpful in being a parent to three really crazy boys. Sometimes recognizing that trying to tease out what’s what in a dynamic with multiple kids is confusing as in ‘what just happened? What is the boundary here?’ I'm recognizing that I have to step in as the dad and create the boundary and stick to it and draw a really firm set of boundaries. It’s been honestly remarkable for me to step into that foreign skillset. It’s been awesome. So I’m really grateful for that and I’m starting to see how it translates more into the ancestral work that we are doing as well.”
Larisa created a safe space for me to dive into the relationship with my ancestors. She laid the foundation by offering a solid understanding to engage in this relationship and she embodied the simpleness and the truth of this natural communion so wonderfully.
I'm very grateful that our paths have crossed. What for me personally was very important is that we did not just work in the spiritual realm we started and even in between the exercises we anchored in the body. That's what makes it a real human experience.
If you look for a safe, real and tangible approach to transform your past into a brighter future I absolutely recommend working with Larisa!
Larisa's gifts, I feel, are precisely the salve needed in this culture at this time. She holds a great deal of power with such gentleness. She is very grounded, rooted, present. She works with a great deal of compassion and empathy. A sweetness comes through her work, which is so soothing.
Larisa is very connected spiritually and also is able to translate that through in very practical ways. She is able to hold space in sessions, making way for a person's gifts to flourish. She's an extraordinary listener. I highly recommend Larisa. Working with Larisa brings about growth, healing, an increase of self love. Her medicine, I believe, is made of love.
So many of the issues I have are around boundaries and feeling like I have the right to be me. That I can be all of me, that me as I am is enough, that my choices and preferences and needs are valid.
It was really helpful to put some space between myself and the ancestral energies so I can exist as a separate entity. It's the difference between having a conscious relationship with each of them on my terms vs being pulled apart by all their various dysfunctions.
Also, it relieves me of the task of trying to find the roots of these things in my own psyche, a search that was getting to be less and less fruitful. Finally, it was interesting to focus on the energetic feeling of them rather than just the stories I know of them, because the stories could only give me a kind of intellectual understanding but not the visceral feeling I had through this work.