Welcome. I’m so glad you are here!
My name is Larisa (La-REE-sa). I’ve been on a journey for the past 25 years seeking peace, wholeness, and my place in the world.
This journey was intensified by a history of unrelenting migraines, chronic anxiety, two second trimester miscarriages, and a sense of being alone–disconnected from my true self, from others, and from spirit.
Eventually, thanks to the work of pioneers in the fields of trauma resolution, nature connection, ritual, and ancestral lineage healing, I discovered a path of healing and transformation that works both for me and for the women I serve.
What I’ve discovered is that true healing lies within – within our bodies and hearts, within our connections to our lineage, to nature, to Spirit.
Now I’m here to share what has worked for me with you.
I specialize in ritual facilitation, Ancestral Lineage Healing, trauma resolution and Sacred Self-Care for those seeking deep connection to themselves and to spirit.
My work bridges body, mind, and spirit and leads to the integration of past pain and the embodiment of wholeness, personal power, and purpose.
With nearly twenty years of experience helping women navigate and heal the patterns of pain and trauma in their bodies, lives and, since 2010, their lineages, I’m here to guide you into your own inner wilderness so you can discover the peace, healing, and transformation you seek.
What I believe:
- Pain (whether physical, emotional, spiritual) is an opportunity to realign and return home to who we truly are.
- We are, each of us, all parts of us, sacred.
- True healing is most effectively accessed through aligning with and listening to the guidance of our bodies, of nature and of Spirit.
- Much of our current unresolved pain, dysfunction and stuckness comes from our lineage – from the trauma of past generations that is still seeking healing.
- We can heal the wounds of past generations; we can reap the benefits, blessings and gifts of a healthy, vibrant ancestral lineage. The pain and wounds of past generations no longer need to continue playing out through future generations.
My passion and purpose is to empower you to:
- heal chronic pain and past trauma in your body, your life, and your lineage;
- create a collaborative, supportive, nourishing relationship with your healthy ancestors;
- heal multi-generational patterns of pain, trauma, shame, abuse, abandonment, scarcity, etc;
- create a calm, nourishing, balanced life deeply connected to yourself, those you love, to the natural world, and to spirit.
- shift any blocks that keep you from fully knowing and living your purpose;
- shift patterns of anxiety and overwhelm;
- develop skills and routines that nurture and support you through challenging times;
- experience the profound sense of gratitude and awe (for everything!) that arises through deep connection to your body, to nature, and to spirit.
In short, I help women recover their natural power and wholeness while deepening into a peaceful, healing relationship with their bodies, their Selves, their lineages, and the earth.
Gratitude to my teachers and mentors.
To my ancestors:
To my ancestors, thank you. Thank you supporting, teaching, guiding and holding me as I walk a path of healing for myself, my family, my community, the earth.
Ancestors, I am forever grateful to you for working with me to to heal the trauma, pain, and dysfunction held within our lineage. Thank you for giving me the courage to become a mother and for the strength, love, and gifts of our lineage that can now freely flow to my son.
To Malidoma Somé:
To Malidoma Somé, African elder and shaman, thank you for bringing the wisdom of the ancestors and of nature from Africa to the “Land of the Stranger.” My life has been transformed through meeting my healthy ancestors and discovering ritual as you teach it. I am forever grateful.
To Jon Young:
To Jon Young, thank you, thank you for your brilliant naturalist training program, Kamana which introduced me to the deep listening and sensory skills I practice and teach today – including Owl Eyes. Additionally, your nature connection work continues to inspire, uplift, and encourage in me the possibility of a hopeful future.
To my Ortho-Bionomy mentors and teachers:
With gratitude, I acknowledge my primary Ortho-Bionomy (body/energy/trauma work) teachers and mentors, Uma Malcolm and Richard Valasek. I thank as well Peter Levine, author of Waking the Tiger, for influencing (and being influenced by) the Ortho-Bionomy approach to working with trauma through the body.
With gratitude and acknowledgement as well to:
While all of the above informs the work I do now, I do not presume to represent any one system or the work of any one teacher. I take full responsibility for the work I offer in both individual sessions and through rituals or other events.
Finally, a little bit about my name:
My parents loved the movie Dr. Zhivago and wanted to name me Larisa (pronounced Lara-sa). My grandma, bless her heart, couldn’t figure that one out and resorted to calling me Lala. So, my parents switched it up to LaREEsa, and called me Lara for short.
My grandma, however, continued to call me Lala.
Now, I mostly go by Larisa.
Hi 🙂 I’m so happy you are here.